- Jared Washburn will sign a deal with the Moroners worth $36-38 mill over 4 years. I believe he is this year's Denny Neagle, in contract status only and Burnett is this year's Darren Dreifort. Nomar is this year's Nomar. I've no idea what that means but saying and typing Nomar is enjoyable.
- Apparently the Pacers have received 12-15 offers that they found acceptable for Ron Artest. Is there a coach who could get him to chill and be the best player he can? Maybe Big Chief Triangle--Phil Jackson, who has expressed an interest in Artest, as well as many other players. And how can you blame him--his team is not very good. Artest is a championship level defender who does all things well. If coaching and maturity will settle him down, than I understand those 12-15 offers. But he doesn't yet seem to know what he wants.
- Is there any doubt the Super Bowl winner is the AFC champion?
- Phoenix shot 32 3's against the Griz on Saturday night. They lost 91-87 and they played only 7 players. And 7 is all they really had to run out there. That kind of stuff catches up to you. "I was tired as hell. I was expending so much energy at the defensive end that my legs were as heavy as hell." -- Shawn Marion, who played 44 minutes while shooting just 8-for-25 in a loss to the Grizzlies. See what I mean?
- John Ruiz lost to some 7 foot guy over the weekend. John Ruiz is the most boring fighter I have ever seen. Punch, grab, clench, blah. I hope he never fights again.
- The Knicks are 6-17. Apparently one player asked Larry Brown how he can know how much time is left on the shot clock. A miffed Brown had to point out that there is a clock above the basket. That's just incredible. I wonder if it was Jamal Crawford?
- More talk about loafing with the Nets. Word now is Vince Carter doesn't like to run the court anymore so New Jersey doesn't have a solid fast break. And with Kidd and RJ why would they want that? It pains me that Carter is so high in the All-Star Voting.
- Finally, another awesome story from Sports Blah about keeping score at baseball games. I too, am a dork who keeps score at the games, although I must say I do not do it for every game anymore.
ZONER'S MONDAY MORSELS
Bear down, Chicago Bears...let every play clear the way to victory... Bears are seemingly a lock for the playoffs. It's a beautiful thing. On to the morsels...
Posted by The Zoner at 12/19/2005 10:38:00 AM