The Zoner has moved!

zonersports.com

If you are not redirected automatically within a few seconds then click the link!

10/25/2005

CINDY SHEEHAN: DETRIMENT TO ANTI-WAR CAUSE

“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.”--Gilbert K. Chesterton

As if this will help the cause...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Cindy Sheehan, the military mother who made her son's death in Iraq a rallying point for the anti-war movement, plans to tie herself to the White House fence to protest the milestone of 2,000 U.S. military deaths in Iraq.

"I'm going to go to Washington, D.C. and I'm going to give a speech at the White House, and after I do, I'm going to tie myself to the fence and refuse to leave until they agree to bring our troops home," Sheehan said in a telephone interview last week as the milestone approached.


"And I'll probably get arrested, and when I get out, I'll go back and do the same thing," she said.

In any effort to change people's minds, you need their respect. It's usually hard-earned because they have a much different stance or set of beliefs. This lady has done a disservice to the anti-war movement because she has not garnered any respect. She is viewed as a loon. A loon that has become the face of this cause. And by association has tarnished it.

Here's a great view from Common Voice that sums it up very well.

No comments: